The wait for the much anticipated re-opening of Early Mountain vineyards is finally over!
New owners Jean and Steve Case had a vision of Virginia fulfilling its potential to compete with the best wine regions in the world. In that spirit, Early Mountain is featuring select wines from the vineyard and a showcase of the Best of Virginia wines: Barboursville, Breaux, Chatham, King Family, Linden, and Thibaut-Janisson.
This opening event will be wonderful. There’s so much to look forward to, including;
- Flight Tastings: Both indoor and outdoor tastings so you can work on your summer glow under the sun, or let the wine create that glow for you indoors. $12 per tasting; and dads taste for free!
- Picnics: With more than 330 acres of breathtaking views and spectacular grounds there's plenty of room for you to enjoy an outdoor picnic, a stroll, an impromptu photo-session, or whatever tickles your fancy.
Early Mountain encourages you to bring your own picnic supplies, but if you don’t own one, they’ll let you borrow a blanket from the vineyard.
- Food: Snacks will be available for purchase. But not just any old food— locally produced meats, cheesea, & munchies. Menu options range from local cheeses and charcuterie to Panini’s and a delectable array of sweets.
- Lawn Games: Corn hole anyone? Or maybe croquet is more your speed? Either way, Early Mountain’s got it.
- Pets: Don’t leave your four-legged little one behind! All pets on a leash are welcome to enjoy the outdoor property. Water and snacks will be on hand for these VIPs (very important pets).
For Dads: Did we mention Dad’s taste for free?? There’s also a FATHER’S DAY GIVEAWAY! A $500.00 gift certificate from the Bass Pro Shop will be raffled off to one lucky winner. Entries can be submitted via the Early Mountain Facebook page. The winner will be announced July 2, 2012, via Facebook.
While you’re getting all wined up, your mobile gadgets need their juice too. Guests can stay powered up by using the onsite mobile charging stations. (These guys thought of everything!)
We could go on… but let’s face it, we had you at Virginia Wine. See you there!
- What: Early Mountain Vineyards Opening Preview Weekend
- When: Saturday, June 16, 11am-7pm — Sunday, June 17, 11am-5pm
- Where: 6109 Wolftown-Hood Road, Madison, VA 22727