- Where: The Dunes
- Wednesday October 17th, 6:30-9:00pm
- Wine App Soft Launch
$30$20 using the promocode DCWinos
- Register for the event
Discover Your Wine Personality with the DC Startup (and Wine!) Community
We are thrilled to join Vinolovers in celebrating their soft launch with a special tasting at The Dunes. Vinolovers is a DC-based startup that is modernizing the wine subscription club by creating a buying experience that is personalized to your taste.
During this kick-off event they'll be pouring a series of unique and varied wines selected to please all types of wine personalities. Once you find that special wine that perfectly matches your wine personality, your soul’s wine mate, if you will, those wines will be available for purchase so you can take it home and cherish it forever. Or polish it off and find another great match. We suggest the latter.
Tasting party attendees will receive an exclusive Vinolovers subscription discount offer for the full launch this fall.
$30 ($20 using the promocode DCWinos) and include wine tastings and light fare. We've brought in a chef to pair food with each wine personality and we will talk about the art of pairing wine with food. A DJ will provide musical entertainment, and a raffle will be held for a copy of The Wine Bible and other wine party favors.
- Parking: Street Parking Available
- Metro: Columbia Heights station is 0.4 miles south of venue
Wine Tasting Menu and Personalities
Light and Bubbly
- Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay Sparkling Blend
- Food Pairing: Mini arepas with guacamole and chicken with chile sauce
- Chateau La Renaudie-Bergerac Sec, 2010 - 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Food Pairing: Shrimp salad on mini pitas
- Cote De Thongue, Languedoc, France 2011 -100% Chardonnay
- Food Pairing: Tagliatelle with mushroom cream sauce
- Arlie Winery-N7 (Seven Grapes) Wilamette Valley, Oregon 2009
- Food Pairing: Pork with tomatillo-peanut sauce
- Domaine Preignes, Burgundy 2011
- Food Pairing: Marinated Mushrooms
- Chateau L’Insoumise, Bordeaux, 2009
- Food Pairing: Sliced Manchego
- Domaine Jean Pia Passion Grenache 2010
- Food Pairing: Chocolate-Espresso Dacquoise