An opportunity to drink wine and do good? Sign us up! If you’re looking for a socially-conscious wine list—we’ve found the spot for you. CAUSE is a DC bar that chooses its wines based on taste and on the mission of the vineyard where the wines come from. To top it all off, the bar also donates 100 percent of its profits to charity.
Executive Chef Adam Stein and Bar Manager Clay Hollenkamp hand picked CAUSE wine and food for the summer:
- One Hope Merlot paired with the Lambacon Burger - The cherry flavors and spicy finish of the Merlot pairs perfectly with the robust flavors in the Lambacon Burger.
- Wonderlust Chardonnay paired with the Lily Marlene sandwich - The melon, pineapple, Meyer lemon and banana flavors of the Wonderlust combine exquisitely with the triple cream Brie of the Lily Marlene.
Check out the full CAUSE wine list below and the charities they benefit. Let us know which wines you’ll be sipping at DC’s “philanthropub.”
- One Hope Brut Sparkling NV: $7.5/30
Share Our Strength – American Childhood Hunger
- Trinity Oaks Pinot Grigio ‘10 7/28
“One Bottle = One Tree” Program
- Cultivate “Wonderlust” Chardonnay ‘11 7.5/30
“The Give” Yearly Non-Profit Donations – Just like Cause!
- One Hope Sauvignon Blanc ’11 8/32
American Forest Foundation
- Bully Hill Riesling ‘11 7.5/30
“Feeding America” Program & Regional NY Food Banks
- One Hope Merlot ‘10 7/28
AIDS / LifeCycle – AIDS Knowledge & Awareness
- Dreaming Tree “Crush” Red Blend ’09 8.5/34
Sustainably Farmed, Cabernet for a Cure, The V Foundation, Wilderness Society, Century Council
- Wild Horse Cabernet Sauvignon ‘09 8.5/34
Cabernet for a Cure, The V Foundation, Boys & Girls Club NC Wild Horses Preservation
- Alamos Malbec 8/32
Taste of the NFL, VH1 Save the Music Foundation
To get in on this charitable drinking — visit CAUSE for Happy Hour 5 - 7 p.m. any day of the week.